If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake doesn’t require any mixer, blender or machine to make, except the oven of course. The whole process takes less than 20 minutes. And the result is an amazingly moist and flavourful cake. —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one regular loaf or 3 mini loaves
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pitted cherries, havled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan or three mini loaf pans.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix oil, buttermilk, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth. Then add to the flour mixture, and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan(s). Cover with cherries.
- Mix the walnuts with a teaspoon of sugar and sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes for a regular sized loaf or 20 minutes for mini loaves, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good