If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you get right down to it, I think a bran muffin is my very favorite breakfast baked good. Fresh from the oven, drenched in obscene amounts of melted butter, there's just not anything any better. I've been making this one for close to 50 years; it's evolved a bit over the years. —Kayb
Serves 6 (2 muffins each)
- 1.5 cups wheat bran cereal (All-Bran)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1.25 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- .5 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- .5 cups diced dried figs or dried fruit of your choice
- ,5 cups toasted chopped pecans or walnuts
- .5 cups honey or brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Put cupcake liners in 12 muffin tins, or grease them liberally.
- Pour milk over bran in a bowl; allow to sit for at least 15 minutes. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder in separate bowl.. Set aside.
- Whisk together beaten egg, melted butter and honey or sugar.Stir into bran/milk mixture.Add flour mixture and stir until well moistened.
- Fold in diced fruit (can also use raisins, craisins, dates, raisins or whatever you like) and nuts.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until browned.