If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious breakfast or anytime cake, which is also healthy and Paleo/Primal! —Debra Dorn | Azahar Cuisine
Makes 1 9-inch cake
- 3 cups grated, precooked beetroot
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 170C (350F).
- In a food processor or blender, beat the beetroots, eggs and olive oil.
- Add the honey, vanilla extract, baking soda, sea salt and spices. Blend well.
- Add the cocoa powder and coconut flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into a greased cake pan of choice. I used a 9-inch diameter tart pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving. Garnish as desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good