If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Autumn Muffins (Vegan) —EmilySundberg
Makes 10-12 muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup overripe bananas (1-2 bananas, mashed)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Macintosh apple (use whatever your favorite is), cubed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a muffin pin with papers, or grease with coconut oil or baking spray.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda, and baking powder to bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until uniform batter is formed.
- Fill each tin to the top — they don’t rise too much.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with chia seeds for an added crunch when baked. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Let fully cool before removing from tin. I find the coconut oil creates a great texture, but you need to let it cool!
- Enjoy with almond butter, jam, or alone!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch