If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious twist on a classic PA Dutch dessert. —Jenna Zimmerman
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, and butter until it forms pea-sized crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture for topping.
- Mix boiling water, molasses, and baking soda. Add to crumb mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
More Great Recipes: Desserts