Author Notes: A delicious twist on a classic PA Dutch dessert. —Jenna Zimmerman
cups all-purpose flour
cups light brown sugar
cup cold butter, cubed
cups boiling water
teaspoons baking soda
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, and butter until it forms pea-sized crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture for topping.
- Mix boiling water, molasses, and baking soda. Add to crumb mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.