If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pear begs to be combined with warm flavors of gingerbread, even at breakfast! And isn't it fun to get to use all those spices in your pantry? —sarabclever
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- pinches mace (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pear (Bosc or other baking pear), diced.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Line, or lightly butter 12 standard (1/3-cup/80mL) muffin cups.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, mace if using and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- In a second larger bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, molasses, and eggs.
- Stir in the cold water.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Stir in the remaining dry ingredients. Fold in the diced pears.
- Bake gingerbread until a tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 22-25 minutes (check after 20 minutes).
- Set on a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the muffins from the muffin tin and allow to cool completely on the rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good