If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s after midnight and I’m dying for something chocolate. I’m stranded at my mom’s house in the middle of the boondocks. There’s not a supermarket in sight, no street lights and the howling sound of the wind is beating against the window. I started searching the kitchen to satisfy my lust for sweet darkness. This is what I found: a half-eaten heresy’s chocolate bar, exactly one tablespoon left of apple cider vinegar hiding behind 75 cans tuna, rock hard brown sugar, the spelt flour I brought for my mom 6 months ago that was hiding under the kitchen sink next to the Ajax, one drop of faded vanilla flavoring from last Thanksgiving and a zip lock bag of pure coconut oil in my purse that I was planning to use for lotion. I’M GOING TO MAKE SOMETHING. DAGIT!!
Here it is!
Quick and easy —Lump in the road
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (this is the modified version)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Pour the first 8 ingredients in a medium size bowl in the order as they appear. Mix well. Next, add in the chocolate chips. Mix again, if batter is too thick, pour in more water one tablespoon at a time. Use a nonstick mini muffin pan. Scoop a tablespoon of batter into the pan. Make sure you don’t overflow the batter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. DELICIOUS!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good