If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ever since I had my first Oatie in Scotland a few years ago, I have been enamored with extending the repertoire of breakfast with oats. These shortcakes are a throwback to those peasant breakfast cakes but with the richness akin to even dessert. They are layered with the fruit in the center, crunchy on top and soft at the bottom making for lovely textural play in your mouth. —Asha
- 200 grams oats (gluten free if needed)
- 40 grams butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1-2 pears, sliced (depending on size)
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients except the pears. Spread half of mix in an even layer on the base of a buttered 9x4 inch baking pan.
- Arrange the pear slices in an overlapping manner over the oat layer and top with the remaining oat mixture. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden and crusty.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Invert the cakes onto the rack and then cool completely. Slice into squares.