Author Notes: Freshly baked corn bread is perfect savoury choice for breakfast. —[email protected]
Makes: 12 squares
grams Organic cornmeal
grams plain flour
Spring onions chopped
Chillies deseeded and chopped
milliliters Sunflower oil
teaspoon Baking powder
In This Recipe
- Line a 20 cm round cake tin or a 25cm rectangule cake tin and heat the oven to gas 7 / 425 / 220.
- Sieve the organic cornmeal, plain flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the salt, spring onions, chillies and mix with a spoon.
- Put the eggs In a measuring jug and whisk with a fork. Add the sunflower oil and sour cream whisking them with the fork as you go along.
- Pour everything in the tin, level the top of the mixture in the tin with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy served with cheddar cheese slices at breakfast with your tea and have the rest at lunch or dinner with your soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good