If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Freshly baked corn bread is perfect savoury choice for breakfast. —Burcu@wooptonight.com
Makes 12 squares
- 125 grams Organic cornmeal
- 125 grams plain flour
- 5 Spring onions chopped
- 1-2 Chillies deseeded and chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 125 milliliters Sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Line a 20 cm round cake tin or a 25cm rectangule cake tin and heat the oven to gas 7 / 425 / 220.
- Sieve the organic cornmeal, plain flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the salt, spring onions, chillies and mix with a spoon.
- Put the eggs In a measuring jug and whisk with a fork. Add the sunflower oil and sour cream whisking them with the fork as you go along.
- Pour everything in the tin, level the top of the mixture in the tin with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy served with cheddar cheese slices at breakfast with your tea and have the rest at lunch or dinner with your soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good