If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Many years ago my sister Corrine put together a "Favorite Family Recipes" book and included this recipe. This has become our Favorite special breakfast, brunch, community dish. I have tweaked the original to suit my tastes. —karen
- 5 Apples (I prefer tart apples that are a little soft)
- 8 tablespoons Butter (used to saute apples)
- 2 tablespoons Butter ( dot on top of casserole)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar (I use a little less than 1/2 cup. I don't like things real sweet)
- 6 Eggs (I use eggs from my own free range chickens makes for a healthy and rich yellow casserole
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon/Sugar (I just sprinkle on until I thinks it looks good)
- Melt butter in a large cast iron pan.
- Add peeled, cored and sliced apples to the melted butter. Saute apples until slightly soft.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a blender and mix, scraping sides to make sure completely mixed.
- Pour saute apples into a 9" x 11" deep cake/casserole dish.
- Pour mixture from blender over apples.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dot 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar lightly over casserole.
- Return to oven for 5 more minutes
- Serve for breakfast with bacon or sausage patties. Some may prefer a dessert topped with ice cream or whipped cream
- Quick Easy and Delicious
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good