If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the nutty-woodsy, and meaty taste of porcini mushrooms. One of my favorite preparations is using them in pasta. The fettucine made this dish extra rich and luxurious. —Ilona Oppenheim
cup dried porcini mushrooms
tablespoons olive oil
garlic cloves, minced
cup white wine
cup chicken broth
ounces tagliatelli pasta
- Place mushrooms in a medium sized bowl and cover with 2 cups of water. Soak for 20 minutes. Drain reserving the liquid.
- Heat olive oil on in a large sautee pan on medium heat and add the garlic. Remove the garlic and discard. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4 minutes until they are soft. Increase the temperature to high and add the wine and sage. Cook until the alcohol evaporates- about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, 1 cup of the reserved mushroom water and the salt. Cook until he liquid is reduced in half- about 10-15 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettucini until just done. Drain and toss with the mushroom mixture.
- Serve with parmesan cheese grated on top.