If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Orcchiette with Peas, Ricotta Salata and Parsley made by Gaby Basora. Adapted from the book, Salad For Dinner. —julia sherman
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen english peas
- 6 ounces snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 6 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons massimo botturo dark cherry balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced green garlic
- 8 ounces ricotta salata
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of generously salted water to a boil. Add both peas and boil until just tender, about 1 1/2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peas to a colander set over a bowl. Rinse the peas briefly under cold water to cool. Drain well.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta (but do not rinse) and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and the garlic to the hot pasta and stir to combine. Let the pasta stand until it cools to room temperature.
- Add the peas, green onions, parsley and ricotta salata to the pasta. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar. Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper and mix well. Serve at room temperature.
More Great Recipes: Salads