If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect Fall salad that makes use of hearty greens, apple cider and apples. —julia sherman
- 1 bunch torn lacinato kale leaves
- 1/2 bunch rainbow chard
- 1 tart apple (we used Northern Spy)
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons fennel fronds or fennel blossoms
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or sparkling cider
- 2 tablespoons bragg's cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Remove the center rib from the kale and discard and rip into bite sized pieces. Place the leaves in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt. Massage the kale until tender.
- Slice rainbow chard leaves into 1/4″ thick strips and the stalks as thinly as possible, and add to the bowl.
- Toast sunflower seeds in a skillet until they start to brown, set aside to cool.
- Combine all ingredients for the tahini, water, honey, vinegar and garlic in a small dish. If the dressing is still too thick, add an additional tablespoon of apple cider.
- Toss the greens with the dressing. Add in the apple, and top with the seeds, fennel blossoms or fronds, and cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.