If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Did you know raw cranberries can taste really good and are super good for your health! This holiday inspired recipe uses raw cranberries, orange juice and zest, jalapeño, and maple syrup for sweetener. This sauce gets better over time, so make sure to let it marinate at least overnight before serving. —Poppies and Papayas
Makes about 2 cups
- 12 ounces raw cranberries
- 1 medium orange, juice and zest
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 deseeded jalapeño (optional)
- Rinse cranberries and strain. Pour onto a clean kitchen towel and pick out any soft cranberries.
- Add the fresh cranberries into a food processor. If you want to add any jalapeno, do so now as well. Process until finely minced. Be careful not to process it too much, because then it will become too soggy.
- Spoon into a large bowl and mix with orange juice, zest, and maple syrup. Season with a pinch or two of sea salt. Allow to marinate overnight.
- Store in a glass jar for up to one week. Note: This chutney gets more flavorful with time. Tastes great tossed in salads, in wraps, sandwiches, or along with your Thanksgiving turkey.