If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: http://cindystable.com/recipes/item/pumpkin-bars-with-cream-cheese-frosting —Cindy Anschutz
For the Pumpkin Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 ounces can pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Hand mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Using your paddle attachment of your mixer combine the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined add in the vanilla and mix again.
- Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.