If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These muffins are packed with veggies, but all you'll taste is how moist and chocolate-y they are! —CakePants
Makes 18 muffins
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (plus extra for the top if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour the cups of a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the margarine and sugar. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add these combined dry ingredients to the mixer bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients, squeezing out and discarding as much water as possible from the grated zucchini before adding.
- Portion the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup no more than 3/4 full. Sprinkle 3-4 extra chocolate chips on top of each muffin, if desired.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall