Author Notes: These pumpkin, white chocolate & cranberry scones are made with whole wheat flour, and have a mild pumpkin flavour with pockets of sweetness from the white chocolate and cranberries. —Emma Wagenvelt
Makes: 8 scones
cups whole wheat pastry flour
tablespoon baking powder
cup brown sugar
tablespoons unsalted butter
cup pumpkin puree
teaspoons vanilla extract
cup white chocolate chips
cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar Cut the butter into the dry mixture, you can use a pastry cutter or knife, but personally I like to use my fingers!
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla until the mixture is fully combined Fold in the chocolate chips and cranberries
- Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured surface, and use your hands to mold the mixture into a circle shape, about an inch in depth Cut the circle into 8 equal portions, and transfer each scone onto a lined baking sheet
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until risen and slightly golden brown, remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for just a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling Eat as soon as possible!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good