If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pumpkin, white chocolate & cranberry scones are made with whole wheat flour, and have a mild pumpkin flavour with pockets of sweetness from the white chocolate and cranberries. —Emma Wagenvelt
Makes 8 scones
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar Cut the butter into the dry mixture, you can use a pastry cutter or knife, but personally I like to use my fingers!
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla until the mixture is fully combined Fold in the chocolate chips and cranberries
- Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured surface, and use your hands to mold the mixture into a circle shape, about an inch in depth Cut the circle into 8 equal portions, and transfer each scone onto a lined baking sheet
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until risen and slightly golden brown, remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for just a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling Eat as soon as possible!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch