If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You cant have Thanksgiving without an apple pie. Try this Apple Crumble Pie for a different and healthy spin on a yearly tradition. Made with coconut sugar, gala apples, and oatmeal, you'll be wanting more after the first bite!
- 4 gala apples, peeled and cut in 1" chunks
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- Crumb Topping
- 1 1/2 cups purely elizabeth Original Ancient Grain Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 ounces vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine apple chunks, cinnamon, vanilla and coconut sugar.
- Toss to evenly coat apples in mixture.
- Pour mixture into pre-made pie crust shell. (Whole Foods carries gluten-free, vegan options).
- In the same bowl, add crumb-topping ingredients, using your hands or a spatula to combine and clump together.
- Pour topping over apples.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Take off aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes.