If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a breakfast baked good look no further than this revolutionizing recipe. Warm, crispy, crunchy and satiating. So easy, so good! —LifesLittleLookbook
- 1 tablespoon EVOO, plus brushing pan
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 ounces baguette, preferably day-old, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced then cut in half
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced then cut in half (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 slices bacon (I used naturally smoked)
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme, for garnish
- Brush 9×9 pan with olive oil.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Parmesan, and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Add bread, toss until coated; transfer to pan and let sit.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large nonstick skillet, cook strips of bacon until crisps. Remove and place on paper towel. In same pan (yes with bacon grease), sauté bell pepper, onion, thyme and remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper until onion begins to brown, 10 minutes. Add bell pepper mixture to pan; spread evenly over bread mixture; dot with goat cheese.
- Bake until top is puffed and browned and center is firm, 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with thyme.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good