If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In this recipe you'll be baking your avocado in the oven with an egg inside. If you haven’t done this before, don’t be afraid, it's simply delicious, a creative breakfast idea! —bronte hogarth
Serves - adjust ingredients on how many people you're cooking for. 1 avocado per person for a filling meal, half an avocado per person if it's a side.
- 1 Medium to large avocado
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Small red onion
- 1/4 cup Spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 Lime, juice
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Cut avocado in half, carefully remove seed. Depending on how big the seed was, the hole in the avocado should be big enough for one small egg. But if the hole looks too small, delicately scoop out a some avocado to make a larger hole.
- Rest the avocado halves inside a medium baking dish face up, and be careful that the avocado halves won't tilt over. You need to keep them from tilting so that the raw egg do not spill out.
- Crack one egg directly into the hole of each avocado half. Sprinkle cumin and a pinch of salt over the eggs.
- Gently place the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 15 - 18 minutes. Baking time will vary depending on how much egg you have and how big your avocado is. So, keep checking on the eggs to see if they're cooked to your desired consistency.
- When the eggs are ready, serve immediately with the tomato relish on the side, and toast if you wish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good