If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Brownies for breakfast..? Yes you heard it right. I created this recipe for my kids who hate dates and the result was marvelous. They couldn't even find single chunk of dates. Mission accomplished —Vrinda Mahesh
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Soak chopped dates in hot water for 5 minutes, then microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk the flour , baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside. Drain the dates and add to blender along with oil. Add eggs, cocoa powder, sugar, marmalade,orange zest and vanilla extract. Blend on medium high speed until smooth. Add dry ingredients to the blender and pulse until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips. Bake in a greased 9 by 9 inch square pan for about 20 minutes . Let it cool completely and dust with icing sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good