If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 3 Large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and de-veined with tails left on
- 1 cup Unsweetened flaked coconut (maybe more)
- Coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups mango chunks (I used a 16 ounce package of frozen mango chunks, thawed)
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Whisk egg whites with the salt, pepper and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Take the shrimp from the egg whites, letting the excess drip back into the bowl and place on the plate coconut flakes. Toss to coat. Put the shrimp back into the egg whites then into the coconut mixture again, tossing and pressing the coconut onto the shrimp to coat well.
- Place the shrimp on the prepared baking sheets. Brush with melted coconut oil.
- Bake for 6 minutes, turn shrimp over, spray other side with cooking spray and cook for another 5- 6- minutes or until the coconut is golden brown and the shrimp are bright pink. While shrimp are baking, prepare the mango puree.
- To make the sauce put the mango and lime juice in a blender and blend until pureed. Pour into a small serving bowl and serve with the shrimp.Can be served as an appetizer or main dish.