If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Alternating layers of banana and chocolate come together in these luscious banana marble muffins. Grab one on the go for breakfast! —Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mahsed
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 12-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, oil, applesauce, eggs, sugar, and vanilla together.
- In another bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips for a minute and check them. Continue microwaving the chips in 20-second increments until all the chips have a glossy sheen. Stir the chocolate together until you get a thick chocolate sauce. Mix this melted chocolate with 1 cup of the muffin batter.
- Pour a layer of the banana batter into all of the tins, then top it with a chocolate layer. Continue alternating layers until all the muffin tins are full with the batter. I made the top layer half-banana and half-chocolate. Run a toothpick on top to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake the muffins for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Store any leftovers in room temperature in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good