If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet cinnamon and orange-scented roasted cranberry tart in a crumbly almond sablé crust. —Riley Wofford
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/4 cup cold vegetable shortening, diced
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add the butter and shortening and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With the machine running, add the water in a slow, steady stream, blending just until the dough comes together. If the dough is too dry, add more water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Shape the dough into a flat disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and roll out to an 11-inch circle. Press the dough into a 9-inch tart pan. Trim any excess dough from around the edge and freeze the crust for 10 minutes.
- 1 quart fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Combine the cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into the tart shell and spread evenly. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is soft and thickened. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving. Serve each slice with a dollop of whipped cream.