A perfect combination of ginger cookie and pecan and pumpkin and cheesecake and whipped cream. If you happen to decide to make this, make sure your first bite will include everything I have mentioned, especially the whipped cream! Please! Have to stir that batch of whipped cream to go with the cake! I AM NOT JOKING! —Oh Sweet Day!
- Makes one 8-inch cake
1 1/2 cups
gingersnap cookie crumbs
pecan, processed to crumbs
unsalted butter, melted
- Filling and Topping
cream cheese, room temp
eggs, room temp
1 3/4 cups
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven at 350F. Grease an 8-inch spring form pan.
- Make the crust by mixing all the crust ingredients together with a fork.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. Turn down oven temperature to 275F.
- Beat the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg, one at a time. Mix for 2 minutes. Pour in pumpkin puree, vanilla and spice. Blend for another 2 minutes until well combined.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust. Tap the pan on counter a few times to release all the air in the batter.
- Position rack in the center of oven and place cheesecake on it. Place a shallow pan full of water on the lower rack in the oven.
- Bake for an hour, or until the edge of the cheesecake is puffed but the center is still wobbly and wet looking.
- Turn off the oven with the door slightly opened, let the cheesecake sit in the oven to cool completely, at least an hour.
- Remove from the oven. Chill for overnight.
- To prepare the whipped cream, whisk whipping cream and powdered sugar on low speed until frothy, about 30 seconds. Increase the mixer speed to medium high and continue to whisking until the mixture forms stiff peak, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the whipped cream to a piping bag with a large star tip. Pipe a decorative border with the whipped cream on the top edge of the cake. Place pecans on top.
- Cover and refrigerate the cake before serving.