If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Spicie Foodie —Oishii Moments
- 3 chicken breast, shredded
- 8 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half and unpeeled
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking fish sauce
- rice noodles
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro leaves
- Char the ginger and onion by placing them over an open flame, hot griddle, or under the broiler (~8 minutes).
- In a pan, dry roast the spices (~2 minutes) and stir to prevent burning. This will bring out the flavor!
- Peel and scrape away the charred skin of the onion and ginger.
- In a large pot, add 8 cups of homemade chicken stock. Place spices in a spice bag. Add the spices, ginger, onion, sugar, and cooking fish sauce into the pot. Cover and bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low (~30 minutes). Remove spice bag. Add your shredded chicken pieces.
- Add cooked rice noodles to the soup bowls. Ladle chicken broth over the noodles. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.