If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I live in the heart of maple syrup country, and this is my “go to” pie when I want to bring a gift for a holiday dinner (or anytime!) that I know will please just about everyone. It's as simple a recipe as can be and it's perfect! The warm , buttery sweet flavor of the maple and brown sugar is exquisite. The cardamom tempers the sweetness just enough to Make sure that you serve it warm and with freshly whipped cream or vanilla bean and cinnamon ice cream! —Beth Schreibman Gehring
Serves 10 (although in my house it serves 2!)
- 1 Pie crust (your favorite recipe)
- 2 Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1&1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1&2/3 cups Packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- 2 tablespoons Chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Whisk together eggs and brown sugar until creamy. (I use electric beaters.) Add cream, maple syrup, cardomom and melted butter. Beat until smooth. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 55 – 60 minutes until crust is golden and filling still quivers. It will set as it cools.
- Note: a larger pie pan will require partially baking the crust. To do that, line the crust with aluminum foil and weight it down with pie weights. Usually 400 degrees for 10 minutes will be enough.