If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On the days we’re short on time and long on appetite, this is our go-to dessert. A perfectly luscious cake that’s overrun with creamy chunks of chocolate, you’ll be able to get it from pantry to oven in less time than it takes to brew a pot of coffee. —bitememore
- 2 cups chopped milk chocolate
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2) For the topping, in a small bowl, combine milk chocolate, brown sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 3) For the cake, in a food processor, combine sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla. Process for 2 minutes.
- 4) Mix sour cream with baking soda in a measuring cup. Let stand for 30 seconds.
- 5) Add sour cream to food processor and mix 3 seconds. Add flour and baking powder, pulsing 4 times or until flour disappears.
- 6) Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Cover with half of the topping. Repeat with remaining batter and topping. Bake for 40-45 minutes.