If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The natural offspring of a Dark & Stormy cocktail and traditional cranberry sauce. —Ryan Spencer
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark rum, preferably dark spiced rum
- 1 zest and juice from 1 lime
- 15 ounces fresh cranberries
- 4 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 lime sliced for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, maple syrup, rum, lime zest and lime juice. After bringing to a boil, reduce heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in cranberries and simmer on medium-low uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in ginger. Simmer about 8 additional minutes or more or until berries have popped and mixture starts to thicken, stirring often. Let cool then chill up to 3 days ahead, set out at room temperature about 1/2 hour before serving. Cool & garnish with lime wedges.