If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple French toast recipe to feed the masses during the Fall and Winter seasons. A SoulBeet original from http://soul-beet.com —Renee H. (SoulBeet)
- 4 pieces sprouted grain bread (Ezekiel)
- 2 organic egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 splash plant-milk (hemp, almond, soy, rice etc.)
- organic maple syrup
- 1. Whisk together all ingredients in a shallow bowl and soak one slice of bread at a time. Flip after a minute or two.
- 2. Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat.
- 3. Without overcrowding the pan, cook the custard-soaked for a few minutes on each side until slightly brown on the outside and moist on the inside.
- 4. Serve warm with maple syrup, nut butter, pepitas, applesauce, pumpkin butter, coconut cream...anything you like!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Egg Whites