If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Best Christmas cake recipe. A Christmas cake rich and soft sparkle to the eyes of young and old! Made of fair trade products ( chocolate and sugar) , and gluten -free. You wil amaze your guests while being fare.
* I followed the basis of a Martha Stewart cake recipe ( trying for that matter! ) But for my Christmas cake, I add my personal touch ; more butter , more salt and rosemary. —Nana Marmelade
For the cake
- 12 tablespoons semi-salted butter
- 3/4 cup fare trade raw sugar
- 6 6 large whole eggs , separated
- 12 ounces fairtrade dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary tea as thinly as possible (to taste)
- 11/2 tablespoon fare trade espresso or vanilla (1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the rack in center of the oven. Preheat oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F). Line a springform pan 9 inches in diameter with parchment paper . Butter and set aside
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until mixture is light, about 3 minutes . At low speed , add the egg yolks , one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the bottom and sides of your bowl if necessary.
- Add melted chocolate , espresso (or vanilla ) , rosemary and salt. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Transfer everything into a clean bowl and wash your bowl mix thoroughly.
- In a clean large bowl, without a trace of fat, whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold one-third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture . Then add the remaining egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the pan and let cook for 25 minutes. Leave to cool.
Cranberry sparkling balls
- 1/2 cup fair trade caster raw sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cranberries
- Caster raw sugar to decor the cranberries
- Place cranberries in a container for the fridge and put them aside.
- Make a simple syrup by bringing water and simmer with sugar. Let the syrup cool for a few minutes, then pour it over the cranberries . If the syrup is too hot, then cranberries burst caution . Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day , drain the cranberries and mix them with the sugar until well coated. Place cranberries coated on a baking sheet and let them dry for several hours. Dip a few sprigs of rosemary into the syrup cranberries and sprinkle with caster sugar. Leave to dry everything.
- For garnish chocolate Christmas cake , decorate with cranberries balls , rosemary stems and whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Egg Whites