If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I developed this recipe for a friend who needed a gluten free dessert —lorigoldsby
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon each of vanilla, rum and almond extracts
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- zest of 1 large lime
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or large flake sea salt
- 2 ounces melted white chocolate
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites until they are fluffy, but not yet stiff. Gently fold in the remaining ingredients (not melted chocolate!) with a spatula.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto parchment paper or silpat and bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes. You want to make "mounds" not flats.
- To “gild the lily”, you can dip the bottoms in melted white chocolate and then sprinkle extra salt onto the chocolate for a "rimmed margarita effect".