If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From Danny Meyer book "Family Table". All due credit to Danny Meyer. —Patricia Amador Salinero
- 6 tart apples, such as Braeburn or Granny smith, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinammon
For the batter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the over 350. Rack in the middle. Butter a 10 inch ring pan (parchement paper at bottom)
- TO MAKE THE BATTER: In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. In a large bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients. With an electric mixer in medium speed, gradually beat in the dry ingredients. Spread half of the batter evenly in the prepared pan and scatter half of the apples over the top. Add the remaining batter, spreading it evenly, and finish with the rest of the apples. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Cool completely in a rack. (the cake will keep, well wrapped and refrigerated for several days)