If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What do you do with 1 carrot, 1 apple and some nuts leftover from Thanksgiving! You make Paleo Morning Glory Muffins! This recipe make 12 muffins in my Bialetti Aeternum Muffin Pan! I used an ice cream scoop to make them all the same size.
Truth: I ate my first one warm with sunbutter spread over both halves (I cut in half to enjoy more sunbutter). The perfect snack with my cup of green tea this afternoon.
I used sunbutter (sunflower spread) but feel free to use your favorite nutbutter! —Cindy Anschutz
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 Red Apple
- 1 Large carrot, peeled
- 1/2 cup sunbutter
- 3 tablespoons Raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon Coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons Raisins
- 3 tablespoons pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened mini-chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put your paper in 12 muffin tins!
- In a large mixing bowl whisk your eggs.
- Set your shred attachment to your food processor or use a box grater to shred the apple and carrot. Put in mixing bowl with eggs.
- Stir in Sunbutter, coconut oil and honey then combine well.
- In another mixing bowl combine raisins, nuts, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt. Add combined mixture to the web mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour your batter into your prepared muffins tins by lining with paper or use silicone.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until cooked through.