What do you do with 1 carrot, 1 apple and some nuts leftover from Thanksgiving! You make Paleo Morning Glory Muffins! This recipe make 12 muffins in my Bialetti Aeternum Muffin Pan! I used an ice cream scoop to make them all the same size.
Truth: I ate my first one warm with sunbutter spread over both halves (I cut in half to enjoy more sunbutter). The perfect snack with my cup of green tea this afternoon.
I used sunbutter (sunflower spread) but feel free to use your favorite nutbutter! —Cindy Anschutz
- Serves 6
Large carrot, peeled
Raw organic honey
pecans or walnuts, chopped
shredded unsweetened coconut
unsweetened mini-chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put your paper in 12 muffin tins!
- In a large mixing bowl whisk your eggs.
- Set your shred attachment to your food processor or use a box grater to shred the apple and carrot. Put in mixing bowl with eggs.
- Stir in Sunbutter, coconut oil and honey then combine well.
- In another mixing bowl combine raisins, nuts, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt. Add combined mixture to the web mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour your batter into your prepared muffins tins by lining with paper or use silicone.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until cooked through.