Author Notes: This baked tomato and mozzarella chicken is super delicious and everything you could imagine it to be. The juicy tomatoes, fresh basil and stringy mozzarella give the chicken a lot of flavour. I learnt from cooking this that I put the cheese in far too early. I laced the raw chicken with mozzarella and placed in the oven for the full cooking time.
You can view the full blog post as well as the recipe at http://desiredcooking.com/recipes/baked-tomato-and-mozzarella-chicken —Desired Cooking
boneless chicken breasts
milliliters can of chopped tomatoes
handful fresh basil
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons crushed garlic
cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts in half. Place in oven dish.
- To make the sauce, add passata, chopped tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle mozzarella on top. Place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.