If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This baked tomato and mozzarella chicken is super delicious and everything you could imagine it to be. The juicy tomatoes, fresh basil and stringy mozzarella give the chicken a lot of flavour. I learnt from cooking this that I put the cheese in far too early. I laced the raw chicken with mozzarella and placed in the oven for the full cooking time.
You can view the full blog post as well as the recipe at http://desiredcooking.com/recipes/baked-tomato-and-mozzarella-chicken —Desired Cooking
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 600 milliliters passata
- 400 milliliters can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts in half. Place in oven dish.
- To make the sauce, add passata, chopped tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle mozzarella on top. Place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.