If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this Asian Chicken Salad using leftover chicken breast and we enjoyed it so much I used this salad for a recipe when teaching my Cook Once – Meals all Week class at Glastonbury High School.
This is also a great Paleo recipe and Gluten Free! Enjoy —Cindy Anschutz
- 1 Large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 cups Nappa cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, thinly shredded
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups Leftover roasted chicken
- 2 tablespoons Fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup Slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Olive oil or peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Agave
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- Prepare a large serving platter
- Add carrots, cabbage, lettuce and bell peppers. Lightly toss ingredients together.
- Top with leftover roasted chicken, sliced. Add fresh mint and almonds and sesame seeds.
- Dressing directions: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, coconut aminos/gluten free soy sauce, vinegar, and agave until all ingredients are combined well. Season with salt and pepper then taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and Enjoy.
- Note: To toast the slivered almonds, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet in a preheated oven of 350 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly golden. Cool completely before using.