If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has been passed down through many generations in our family, an old New England family with ties directly back to the Mayflower. The recipe came to us from my grandmother, an native Bostonian, who got it from her mom, and her mom, etc... all the way back to 1885. When I was growing up, our family had a Christmas day brunch party every year, and this was a party staple. Special note... our guests typically walked up to our house towing sleds, and rode them home... particularly if they'd had a few glasses of eggnog. Beware! It really packs a hidden punch.. The recipe is written for only 10 glasses, so as to be easily multiplied. —sbf-ct
Makes 10 glasses
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 pint rum
- 1/4 pint brandy (peach makes a nice twist)
- 1/2 pint heavy cream (you can lighten it up with half and half)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Separate eggs.
- Add sugar to the yolks.
- Add the rum and brandy to the yolks, and stir in the cream.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy and pour boiling water over top and stir until smooth.
- Beat egg white mixture in yolk mixture just before serving. Sprinkle with nutmeg.