If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: HI! :-)
I pray this entry finds you in good health and spirits.
I love to feed people and when I invite "you" to my home to feast I don't want anyone to ever leave hungry OR feel left out SO nearly a couple decades ago, one of my oldest sisterfriends became a Vegetarian and I did not want her to "suffer" at our celebration table SO I created this quick and easy vegetarian dish for her with a few of the staples I had in my pantry at the time. (I was surprised to find that all of the guest ended up loving the "pasta dish" too!)...my sisterfriend loved Roma Angel so much that it is now a favorite at her house, my house, the guest who asked for the recipe-their houses, and whenever I need a quick pot luck dish...Roma Angel is always a hit.
(The only problem is I NEVER measure anything when I cook :-( AND for that I apologize. This is my first contest SO going forward I will try to remember to start measuring so that I can become a better contestant.)
Thanks for allowing me to enter this contest.
Makes large pasta serving dish
- 6-8 small to medium roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1-1 1/2 packets angel hair pasta
- 1-1 1/2 stick of butter
- 2-3 pinches dill weed (dry)
- 2-3 pinches tarragon (dry)
- 2-3 pinches basil (dry)
- 2-3 pinches oregano (dry)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1-2 pinches cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-2 handfuls shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 handfuls shredded havarti cheese
- 1-2 handfuls shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 small red or golden onion (diced)
- 1-2 splashes olive oil
- (Apologies - I am a cook that never measures but everything in this dish is basically to taste - START with this recipe the way it is and if necessary, continue to build on flavors slowly by adding a bit more of each herb, salt, pepper, and/or cheeses to taste...ENJOY!) DIRECTIONS:
- In pot, following directions, prepare Angel Hair Pasta
- In large skillet on medium heat, in Olive Oil, soften onion a bit (approx. 2 minutes)
- To skillet on medium heat, add tomatoes to soften/warm a bit (approx 1-2 minutes)
- Drain Pasta
- Place pasta in large skillet (on low to simmer heat) with onions and tomatoes
- Toss pasta, onions, and tomatoes with butter
- Add herbs, salt, pepper, (optional flakes), and cheeses
- Toss ingredients until slightly cheeses melted
- Pour mixture into large pasta serving bowl
- Consider Serving with: *favorite green salad *warm crusty bread *favorite meat (diced)
- THANK YOU!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2