If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These easy to make gingerbread cookies are perfect for xmas season! The peanut butter filling makes them even more yummi! Gluten, dairy and egg free recipe! —Joana
Makes 25 cookies
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dark muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, more to sprinkle
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- peanut butter for filling (or dark chocolate spread)
- Shredded coconut to sprinkle (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine chia seeds and warm water and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine chia seeds and water, sugar, oil, ginger, cinammon and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the flours until well incorporated.
- With your hands create little balls with the dough and place them in the baking tray. Use your thumb to press in the dough and make a little hole halfway into the cookie.
- Bake for 20 minute.
- While the cookies are still hot, fill them in with peanut butter (or chocolate spread), in order for it to melt.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or shredded coconut (optional)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2
More Great Recipes: