If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every weeks I buy fresh fruit and bananas are always present in the fruit basket. It’s a very versatile fruit and easy to cook, and if you adding chocolate and a little sugar, make them irresistible. —Emotion of Taste
grams self-raising flour
tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
grams caster sugar
large egg, beaten
grams unsalted butter, melted and cooled
grams chocolate chips, plus to sprinkle
brown sugar, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan oven) mark 4. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate de soda and slat into a large mixing bowl and put to one side.
- Peel the bananas and mash with a fork in a bowl. Add the sugar, egg, milk and melted and cooled butter and mix until well combined.
- Add this to the flour mixture, with the chocolate chips. Stir gently, using only a few strokes, until the flour is only just incorporated – do not over-mix. The mixture should be lumpy. Spoon the mixture equally into the paper cases, half-filling them, and sprinkle with brown sugar and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are well risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack and leave cool.