If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad has plenty of protein and is filling but light. I took the dressing from another of my favorite recipes and created a salad that compliments the flavors of the dressing. It is tangy, but the cranberries add a nice balance of sweetness. Any protein could be used, but I personally enjoy the salmon. —Ellen Kenston
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1/2 cup cooled brown rice
- 1 salmon fillet
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- chopped green onion (optional)
- chopped, toasted almonds (optional)
Lemon Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the brown rice and set it aside to cool. To make the salmon, salt the fillet and cover it with the minced garlic. Place slices of lemon on top and bake at 350 degrees until firm and flaky. Let it cool then flake it with a fork into bite size pieces.
- To assemble the salad, rinse and dry the lettuce and chop or tear it into pieces (I like mine cut very small). Divide it among two dishes and put half of the cooled brown rice, salmon, garbanzo beans, goat cheese, and cranberries in each dish. Top them with green onions and almonds and drizzle the salad dressing to your liking.