Author Notes: This easy pot pie is an awesome dish for bacon cheeseburger lovers. —Myllette Puckett
pound Ground Round
Egg white (for egg wash)
ounces Velveeta Cheese
Pie Crust (with pan)
Pie Crust (roll)
Salt & Pepper to taste.
In This Recipe
- You can add other ingredients at your option such as chopped onions, bell peppers, etc.
- (Fry bacon in oven on a cookie sheet with rack, so oil can drain off as it cooks). until golden brown and crispy. Then set a side when done.
- Brown and drain ground round, add salt, pepper, velveeta cheese and milk to reach your desired consistency of filling.
- When bacon is done, place 4-5 strips onto bottom pie crust.
- Add the meat/cheese filling over bacon making sure to layer bottom pie crust.
- Crumble 4 strips of bacon and add on top of meat filling.
- Place Top pie crust onto filling making sure to vent pie crust and press edges down with a fork.
- Add egg wash to top of pie crust for a golden brown and flaky look.
- Place pie in oven and Make sure to keep an eye on the crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes depending on oven heat.
- Remove from oven, place on cooling rack and garnish with bacon strips.
- Enjoy :-)