- Prep time 30 minutes
- Cook time 50 minutes
- Serves 10
Tart blackberries are swirled through a white chocolate cake batter for a fantastic snack cake that will impress guests. —Sylvie Taylor @ Roamingtaste
/150 grams butter, softened
/150 grams superfine sugar
115 grams sour cream
/ 100 grams white chocolate, roughly chopped
freshly ground nutmeg
2 1/2 cups
/ 400 grams plain flour
/ 150 grams blackberries
/70 grams white chocolate
1 1/2 cups
/ 170 grams confectioner’s/icing sugar
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F and grease a bundt tin. Set aside.
- Place the softened butter, sugar and extract in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes with a hand beater.
- Add in both eggs and beat until well combined and smooth, a further 2 minutes with a hand beater.
- Add in the the sour cream and beat until just combined and the mixture looks lightly curdled.
- Meanwhile, place the white chocolate and nutmeg in a double boiler and melt on medium, stirring often to ensure even melting.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then add into the cake batter and combine well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and soda into the mixture and fold through until no dry patches remain and your batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mash the blackberries roughly and fold through until the mixture looks slightly marbled.
- Once well combined, pour into the prepared bundt tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and it is lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for approximately 15 minutes, to the point where it has come loose from the edges of the tin.
- Invert onto a cooling rack and allow to cool fully.
- For the glaze, place the chocolate and butter into a double boiler, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Sift in two thirds of the confectioner’s sugar and milk and combine until smooth.
- Carefully and slowly pour the icing over the cake, ensuring even coverage over the entire top of the cake.
- Allow to set before slicing and serving alongside your favorite hot drink.