If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Single serve plum tart tatins can be prepared in 20 minutes and are the perfect two bite dessert. —Sylvie @ Roamingtaste
- 2 sheets puff pastry (approx 370g)
- 6 plums, halved and pitted
- 60 grams butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400F.
- Slice the pastry sheets into 12 squares, set aside.
- Place 5 grams or a half teaspoon amount of butter into the bottom of each muffin cup in a muffin tin. Add half a tablespoon of brown sugar to each.
- Heat the stove element on low to medium (if working with gas, have this at the lowest possible temperature possible).
- Stir to ensure even caramelization, (I had to move the tray to ensure all 12 heated through. Remove as soon as each has melted and has just begun bubbling.
- Quickly place each plum half flat side down into the caramel.
- Then take each pastry square and tuck into the sides of the fruit.
- Place in the oven until lightly brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove and turn onto a large plate immediately (best over the sink and wearing an apron in case the juices slide out).
- Serve warm with either whipped cream or ice cream on the side.