Author Notes: Single serve plum tart tatins can be prepared in 20 minutes and are the perfect two bite dessert. —Sylvie @ Roamingtaste
sheets puff pastry (approx 370g)
plums, halved and pitted
cup brown sugar
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400F.
- Slice the pastry sheets into 12 squares, set aside.
- Place 5 grams or a half teaspoon amount of butter into the bottom of each muffin cup in a muffin tin. Add half a tablespoon of brown sugar to each.
- Heat the stove element on low to medium (if working with gas, have this at the lowest possible temperature possible).
- Stir to ensure even caramelization, (I had to move the tray to ensure all 12 heated through. Remove as soon as each has melted and has just begun bubbling.
- Quickly place each plum half flat side down into the caramel.
- Then take each pastry square and tuck into the sides of the fruit.
- Place in the oven until lightly brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove and turn onto a large plate immediately (best over the sink and wearing an apron in case the juices slide out).
- Serve warm with either whipped cream or ice cream on the side.