If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is from the Pacific Coast Farmers Market Association. Gail Della Nina entered this recipe in the Brentwood Farmer's Market Contest in 2008. This recipe has become my go to quick cake recipe and my husband's favorite. —Adelucchi
Makes: one cake. made this in a 9" spring form cake pan or just perfect for a 9" round cake pan.
cups AP flour
teaspoons Baking powder
teaspoon Kosher salt
teaspoons Orange zest
teaspoons Lemon zest
teaspoon Anise seeds
cup Extra virgin olive oil
cup Coarsely chopped sliced almonds
Powered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9 inch cake pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl to blend.
- With an electric mixer beat sugar, eggs and zests in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Best in the milk.
- Gradually beat in the oil.
- Add the flour mixture. Stir only until blended
- Stir in almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Place pan on baking sheet. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean with moist crumbs attached. About 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove cake and place on serving platter. Sift powered sugar over the top.
- Serve with fruit and cheese or a dollop of your favorite frozen dessert. Great for breakfast too!
More Great Recipes: