If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The filling is adapted from "Cream Cheese and Toast Tartlets" from Dorie Greenspan's wonderful book Baking Chez Moi. —Food52
Makes: 6 tartlets
For the cookie crust:
cups finely crushed Teddy Grahams
tablespoons packed brown sugar
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Water, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Whisk together the Teddy Graham crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour in the melted butter, stirring to coat all of the dry ingredients. The crumbs should hold together when pressed. If they do not, add water, a tablespoon at a time, until the crumbs adhere.
- Distribute the graham cracker mixture evenly between the tartlets pans, using a spoon or the bottom of a cup to press them firmly into the pie plate.
- Bake the crusts until dry and fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes.
For the Dunkaroo filling:
teaspoons unflavored gelatin
tablespoons cold water
teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch fine salt
ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
cup heavy cream, at room temperature, plus whipped cream for serving
teaspoon clear imitation vanilla
cup colored sprinkles
- Put the gelatin in a microwave-safe bowl and pour the cold water over top. Let sit for about 3 minutes, until gelatin has begun to bloom.
- Meanwhile, whisk the sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Beat the cream cheese on medium-high until very soft and cream, about 4 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add the sugar mixture and beat for 2 more minutes, then beat in the vanilla.
- Heat the gelatin in the microwave for about 15 seconds to dissolve it.
- Stir a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture into the gelatin, then add the gelatin to the filling. Raise the mixer speed to medium-high and beat for 1 more minute, until smooth.
- Fold in the colored sprinkles so that they’re evenly distributed.
- Divide the filling among the crusts, smooth the tops, and chill the tartlets for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and more sprinkles.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: