If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh chickpeas and sumac-cured onions tossed with pomegranate molasses and roasted Meyer lemon vinaigrette. —Lucie Monk
Chickpea & Sumac Onion Salad
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 white onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ground sumac
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 10 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Roasted Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 organic Meyer lemons, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Make ahead: In a medium-size bowl, combine onion slices, sumac, and salt. Cover and chill for several hours.
- For the vinaigrette: Preheat oven to 400. Place lemon halves (cut side down) in a baking dish, alongside unpeeled garlic cloves. Roast for 25—30 minutes, until lemon tops have begun to brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Then squeeze out roasted garlic into a small prep bowl. Mash, then squeeze in lemon juice. Add honey and balsamic, then whisk in olive oil. [Vinaigrette found on sandwichsunday.com]
- To make the salad, combine chickpeas, onions, mint, and parsley in a large bowl. Pour in vinaigrette, olive oil, and pomegranate molasses. Toss and serve.