If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from a Gourmet recipe I saw and immediately fell in love. I feel that deviled eggs are the perfect party food and beet pickling them is the perfect way to dress them up for the Holidays. The amazing color is a party trick your guests won't soon forget. —Brita
Makes 8 servings
- 12 large eggs, boiled and peeled
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium beets peeled and sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pearl onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 sprigs marjoram
- Bring water, vinegar, beet, onion, sugar, and salt to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan, then simmer, covered, until beet is tender, about 20 minutes. Cool completely, uncovered. Put beet mixture in a large jar or bowl container with peeled eggs covering completely and marinate, chilled, gently stirring once or twice, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove eggs from beet mixture and pat dry (discard beet mixture). Cut in half lengthwise and remove yolks. Mash yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, creme fraiche, parsley, paprika, and zest. Season with salt and pepper, then divide among egg whites. Top with marjoram leaves.