If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom's favorite drink is a Cape Codder - vodka and cranberry juice cocktail. This is a grown-up version featuring gin, perfect for the holidays and winter months. This rendition is a take on a recipe originally published in Imbibe Magazine. —Emily Nichols | www.hungryinlove.com
Makes: 1 cocktail
Cranberry Gin Smash Cocktail
ounce rosemary simple syrup
ounce lemon juice
Cranberry + Rosemary Sprig Garnish
Rosemary Simple Syrup
sprigs fresh rosemary
- First make your simple syrup. Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Boil until all sugar has dissolved, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool, allowing rosemary to 'steep' in the syrup, 30-45 minutes.
- Remove rosemary sprigs and transfer to airtight container. Chill before using.
- To assemble your cocktail, muddle cranberries with rosemary simple syrup in a 16 oz pint glass.
- Add ice to fill half the glass.
- Add lemon juice + gin.
- Cover with cocktail shaker and shake well for 10-15 seconds.
- With a fine mesh strainer, strain liquid into serving glass.
- To serve, add a couple fresh ice cubes (equally delicious straight up if you fancy).
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig speared with a cranberry.