If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Sally's Baking Addiction —Oishii Moments
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1.5 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a 300F degree oven, toast the chopped pecans on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using a electric mixer to beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. On medium speed, add and beat brown sugar. On high speed, beat in eggs and vanilla. On low speed, add flour, cornstarch and baking soda until combined. Add the toasted chopped pecans, mix on low for about 5-10 seconds until evenly disbursed. Cover dough tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. This makes the cookie dough easier to scoop and roll.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Scoop and roll balls of dough into balls and flatten onto baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, until slightly golden brown around the edges. The baked cookies will look extremely soft in the centers when you remove them from the oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.